And all about why to eat them, when to eat them, and how to eat them!
If you, like us, believe that health is wealth, then you have just hit the jackpot. Chia-Ching! Yes, we’re talking about chia seeds– they might not look like much, but these tiny powerhouses of nutrients definitely pack a punch. Derived from the Salvia hispanica plant, the humble chia seed has gained a prominent place in the daily diets of most fitness enthusiasts. The wide array of health benefits offered by chia seeds does play a part in the recognition they have been receiving lately– but make no mistake, these quirky seeds are mouth-wateringly delicious too!
Why Eat Chia Seeds?
Don’t let the size of this little seed fool you– the list of reasons why you should incorporate them into your daily meals is endless! From promoting heart health to supporting digestion, chia seeds have gained recognition as a versatile and nutritious addition to any diet. With each spoonful, chia seeds deliver a concentrated dose of goodness that exceeds expectations with their amazing flavor, ease of preparation, and of course, their health benefits that could change your life!
Here is a chart to show you how powerful chia seeds can be in comparison with other ingredients and the amount of nutrients they provide your body.
When to Eat Chia Seeds?
It sounds too good to be true but chia seeds can be enjoyed whenever the cravings hit, whether it be night or day! They are incredibly versatile to work with. You can incorporate chia seeds into your breakfast, lunch, dinner, bedtime snack, or even pre-workout meal. Since they work well with both sweet and savory dishes, the possibilities are endless. So, yes, chia seeds can be enjoyed whenever, wherever, and however you want! Just don’t forget to stay hydrated while consuming them as they are known to absorb a lot of water.
How to Eat Chia Seeds?
Now that you know why and when you need to eat chia seeds, the most important question arises– how to eat them. While chia seeds are incredibly versatile, they can be quite difficult to work with if you are completely new to them. But don’t give up on this incredible seed just yet. We have compiled 3 of the easiest and most delicious chia seed recipes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner to help you get started. And as a little bonus for when the munchies strike, we added a 3-ingredient chia seed snack to make on the go too!
Breakfast Recipe: Overnight Chia Pudding
Ingredients: Chia Seeds, Milk of Your Choice, Honey, Preferred Toppings
– Combine the chia seeds, milk, and honey in a bowl.
– Stir well till there are no clumps and the mixture is smooth.
– Let it sit (covered) in the refrigerator overnight.
– Choose your favorite toppings (fresh fruits are a great option)
– Enjoy your cold, refreshing chia seed pudding for breakfast!
Lunch Recipe: Chia Salad Dressing
Ingredients: Chia Seeds, Lemon Juice, Olive Oil, Salt, Pepper
– Combine chia seeds, lemon juice, and olive oil.
– You can also add mustard or honey. (optional)
– Whisk this together and season it with salt and pepper.
– Let it rest for 10 minutes for the chia seeds to thicken.
– Drizzle the dressing over your favorite salad and enjoy!
Dinner Recipe: Chia-Crusted Chicken
Ingredients: Boneless Chicken Breasts, Chia Seeds, Grated Cheese, Garlic, paprika, salt, oil
– Combine chia seeds, cheese, garlic, paprika, and salt on a plate.
– Press the chicken into this mixture and fully coat it.
– Place these on an oiled tray and drizzle lightly with oil.
– Bake for 25 minutes or until cooked in a preheated oven (200°C).
– Serve hot with a side salad and enjoy the delicious dinner!
Bonus Chia Snack for the Munchies: Chia Seed Energy Balls
Ingredients: Pitted Dates, Nuts of Your Choice, Chia Seeds
– Blend all your ingredients together in a food processor.
– Add some water if the mixture is too dry to hold shape.
– Roll into coin-sized balls and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
– You can get creative with them– coat them in coconut flakes or cocoa powder.
– Enjoy these delicious chia seed energy balls on the go!
Conclusion: All You Need is the Chia Seed!
Are you ready to incorporate the tiny chia seed into your diet now? Don’t forget to try out these scrumptious recipes and get creative. You will transform into the chia master with your own recipes in no time. Embrace the power of chia seeds today and start the delicious journey toward your fitness goals. All you need is a sprinkle or a spoonful of the spectacular chia seed!